And now the hard work begins...

I'm back from my usual New Year trip to mates, been fed well, had stories read to me by small children, and this year drank a little too much champers... I can't think why!

I've also managed to put in a fair amount of walking, most of it just solid plodding, but yesterday was great fun up to Ambleside for a walk to Grasmere and then back - just 8 and a bit miles, but a lot of them were in full crampons as I managed to do a fairly spectacular prat fall after about a mile!

This week the marathon training program starts 20 weeks of 3 or 4 runs a week, while trying to stay injury free, do the day job and the roles I have in CHF and GUCH... Could be interesting!

It also means that if I follow the plan to the km the 1000km should be up before the target date, which may well mean I need to add some extra distance to the challenge, but we'll see about that in a couple of months! At the moment I'm 3 weeks ahead of schedule, which is a good place to be:-)

Thank you all for your congratulations on my MBE, it does mean a hell of a lot to me, and I'm trying to use it to get some awareness of all that we go through with CoHDs - lets hope it works

TTFN

Paul

ps to amuse, I've finally got around to play on my Xmas present - Guitar Hero: Metallica, yup air guitar with props!

Comments

  1. Hey! All the best on your mammoth walk, i to am doing an ultra endurance event. Im running 50 marathons in 56 days for charity. www.runwithmark.com

    All the best!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…