The Tip of the Iceberg...

... is apparently all that people ever see.

Next week I've a 2 day training course on leadership, and have spent probablt half a day this week going over my previous reviews and management/leadership training so I remember what the books say about my personality and what previous teams have said about working with me, for me, or even managing me...

It is very easy to focus on the bits you like or agree with, and not the honest if uncomfortable feedback you also get... But I've gritted my teeth and read it all. I can see the best of me and the worst of me in all of it, unlike many people I seem to quite enjoy the process of working out who I am and how I interact with others, I don't see it as a challenge to who I am (which is different from it being challenge).

So what sort of person am I? Well, the detailed information from the 360degree reviews is between me, the anonymised authors and the poor trainer who has had to wade through the essays. However, that does give me the results of the psychometric tests I've done... Some of which are quite good fun... I've alternated between real ones and more jokey ones - its up to you to decide which is most accurate!

1st up - Belbin

The one a lot of people have done is Belbin, its a way of finding out what roles you are most naturally suited to in a team... http://www.belbin.com/rte.asp?id=255

Me, I'm fairly evenly spilt across the Plant/Resource Investigator/Co-ordinator/Shaper... with just enough of a teamworker that I can work for others...


2nd - Kingdomality

What is your medieval profession... I kid you not... http://www.cmi-lmi.com/kingdomality.html

I'm a Dreamer-Minstrel... Which for the few of you that have heard me sing has you rolling around on the floor...

our distinct personality, The Dreamer-Minstrel might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You can always see the "Silver Lining" to every dark and dreary cloud. Look at the bright side is your motto and understanding why everything happens for the best is your goal. You are the positive optimist of the world who provides the hope for all humankind. There is nothing so terrible that you can not find some good within it. On the positive side, you are spontaneous, charismatic, idealistic and empathic. On the negative side, you may be a sentimental dreamer who is emotionally impractical. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.


3rd - Myers Briggs

Another biggy in the corporate world...

I'm an ENFP - aka The Inspirer http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

And making sure I read the negatives, oh boy can I be a manipulative bastard... but trust me I feel guilty!

4th - Superhero / Super Villian

I'm Batman - The Dark Knight variant rather than spandex and Ka Pow!

I'm Apocalypse - don't worry I had to look him up - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse_%28comics%29 - nice chap!

http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/ http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/villain/

Now, the Kirton Adaptation-Innovation Inventory I'm not sure I get, but I'm a strong innovator...

So What?

So I have an insight into what makes me tick, give me a new challenge or problem and I'll relish it... Stick me in a room counting widgets and I'll go mad! However, if it interests me I'll stick to learning the detail in more depth than most people would ever reckon with.

So pity the nice quiet introvert civil servants I'll be on the course with!

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…