Although the last, not least

A quote, from King Lear... Which springs to mind as I'm off to see it on Friday night and then 2 days later I'm running in the Liverpool Half Marathon....

A work colleague asked this week if my running was restricted by my heart, as he'd noted the training I do the care I (occasionally) show in my diet in the run up to events and wondered why I still relished my role as a "back of the pack" runner.

The simple answer is yes, but that the training and confidence are helping... its slowly getting easier over the years, and my confidence in pushing myself is getting better. All of which points to me still coming in the last 1/3rd of most runs I do...

And I'm happy to bring up the rear, I'm a firm believer that everyone could and should do what they can, and their successes should be celebrated as much as anyone coming in in the top 50.

So from the back of the pack to the front, cheer on those looking good and those looking hot and flustered...

I'll be looking hot and flustered.... Oh my target - I do them in 3s.... Acceptable - sub2:45, do-able - Sub 2:40, dream zone - sub 2:38.... 2:38 is my official PB for a half....

So I've one last climb tomorrow, a 5 km on Tuesday and then resting, hydrating and some gentle carboloading to go... and then I run!

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…