A Really Shit Run (literally)

It was as if I was possessed by the spirit of Buster Keaton (younger readers, I suggest Wiki or YouTube)... Slapshit could be the new comedy genre...

But that's getting ahead of myself...

The plan was 5 miles... Up and over a not particularly pleasant hill, around the park, back over the hill and Bob's your auntie!

However, running into the park, I trod in dog muck...

Fine, I'll run on the grass, to clean my shoes off...

Reach the grass... Small yappy dog starts bounding around me (no owner to be seen)... sticks its nose in the back of my knee, causing my leg to buckle...

My hand goes down and straight into another pile of dog crap...

I try and stand up, dog still yapping around ankles and my other foot slips, and I drag my legs through more dog shit...

I now lock like I've had a severe case of the Paula Radcliffe's... And I'm a choice, run around to the sports centre and try and sort myself out, or jog the 3 km back to the office...

Avoiding eye contact with everyone I aim for the sports centre, attracting the attention of a confused dog (probably a Labrador), bounding up at me and meaning that I miss the next pile of shit I stand in...

Normally the sports centre staff and safely in their reception box, not today... as I walk past stinking, covered in shit the member of staff is standing there looking at me as dumbfounded as I feel...

So, into the shower fully clothed, remembering just in time that my phone is in my pocket...

Then a 3km run back dripping wet, but mostly clean...

Then the longest, hottest shower in history...

So, a really shit run!

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

12% of a plan…

It’s a kind of magic (the science kind)…