It's coming back... Give us a quid...

Slowly...

As if I'm awaking from a long deep sleep...

The desire to go further...

The need to go fast...

It's been a month, everything that was tweaked during the 50km should have recovered... The body anyway.

The mind takes a bit longer, at least mine does, I need to want to feel that strange mix of delight and pain of doing mile after mile.  Part of it is seeing the objective, that target driven part of my soul that has kept me going these many months being able to reach out over the months to come and taste the goal.

It has been a busy month; the day job seems to have me shuttling to London most weeks and the weeks where it doesn't my representative or charitable roles do, an exam for the last OU course and an assignment to start on the new one, and various other stuff (you know the boring stuff that everyone has to do - yes even I have to do it).

However, I do enjoy most of it (the seats on Virgin Trains I don't, but not many people do) and the day job gives me the cash to support the rest of what I enjoy doing.

And today I went back to basics, back to one of the routes I've loved since I came to Liverpool the best part of 23 years ago.

I also owe you all an update on mileages, awareness raising and fundraising...

With today's 21 km I'm now at 1905km, so 107km to go, that's only 66 miles of the 1250 I set myself to go.  I would dearly love to polish them off and finish at Chatsworth with the GUCH Walking Club - possible... just possible... hard work, but possible...

Awareness raising... well an interview has been sent off, a magazine will be doing a piece, hopefully before Christmas... I'm also chatting to some people about a speaking thing... There'll be more said if and when one gets printed or the other comes off... I am trying:-)

Fundraising - I'm officially at £850... I know there's at least another £51 to come along, and possibly a bit more from friends at work - so if you can please help me nudge up to the £1000 mark it would be really appreciated!

So back to the assignment, and possibly, just possibly looking at runs in 2013...

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…