Between Fun & Rapture...

The fun in the fens was freezing, a howling wind driving sleet and snow into our faces...

However, it was a damn good course and I ran very well for someone with as little training in as I have at the moment.  My second fastest Half, in hostile conditions - I can live with that:-)

The rest of the week has been my usual mix of busyness with work and busyness with charity stuff... and a run...

The Midshires Way is a fairly big trail.. Though based on the conditions underfoot it isn't used much in winter, and I can see why.  In trail shoes I should be able to keep moving forwards, rather than 3 forward and 1 sideways.... I felt a bit better when I saw a sheep goes sideways down a hill... So not fast, but tough. 

A night at an excellent youth hostel and the rest of the Monsal Trail saw me into Bakewell in time for an early lunch, a mooch around the shops and then back to Liverpool for some cross-training - or Ceilidh dancing as its otherwise known.



All went well, my slightly dodgy ankle is slightly dodgy... The weather for next weekend is light flurries of snow, so Cambridge was good training for that...

My objective for next weekend is simple - make it through in under the 10h cut off... I know most of the course from previous walks and runs, and walking should bring me in under that time, so a bit of jogging will be to the good...

This week is about gentle carboloading, keeping myself functioning and loose...

Next weekend will hurt, but should be fun:-)

TTFN

Paul






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…