London Week 6 - Colds, carbs and canines

Well it had to happen... the first run missed, not run, didn't walk it, just flumped...

Yup, I flumped... I woke up the day before with a headache, and as the day progressed felt the mild drippyness of the nose and a drying of my throat... Brilliant, a cold...

Fortunately, it wasn't a bad one. Fortunately, I've been here before - lob carbs down my throat take paracetamol for a couple of days, take an extra day to recover...

The good news is I missed 10km, a single run out of the 18 I should've done. Not too bad then...

The runs themselves have been good & solid, a gentle 5 km on Tuesday...


And then my first race of the year... a firm favourite... the Mad Dog in its 4th iteration: The Good, The Bad and the Pugly!  The wind was against us - for 4 of the first 5km... My splits were a 35 min first 5 and a 31 min second.  It was like running into a wall, continually...



My fifth fastest 5km, in these conditions... I'm a happy me:-)  The opera singer, salsa drummers, bands and marshals all deserve a HUGE thank you, I was a bit nippy and I was moving moderately fast.

And to the victor the spoils...

 
 
 
Next week is painful, too many meetings and too much travel to count, so the shoes are packed...

TTFN

Paul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…