Getting Chilly, Going Large

As regular readers may have noticed I often follow my own advice and take things easy, slowly build up my distance and speed and generally just add 10% a week to my mileage...

Those of you not choking on your cornflakes may not realise that this is cobblers... Upon occasion, especially on a run where I know the time cut offs are generous, I will take a punt and start the exercise regime for a year with something fun...

So, Jiminy Cricket and I headed north, to the wilds of Lancashire for the Fylde Coast Runners Central Lancs New Year Half Marathon - my simple target get around and have some fun while I did... And to try and make sure Jiminy wasn't sat around in basecamp (the local primary school) for too long while I trundled along.

Unlike most runs I do, this was on open roads so there were cars on the roads with the runners - which wasn't the problem I feared as the run was on quiet lanes, and most runners were sensible and tucked in when cars went past.  Did mean that the roads weren't gritted though... So I was very glad I found a replacement pair of trainers yesterday - my main ones having lost rubber grip on the runs last year and have become at best slippers...

The views were glorious... with some amusingly appropriate villages and pubs...





Basically I was slow - 2:55 and change is a long way off my best, but I finished smiling:-)  With a huge medal... 



Yes the medal was that big... 

So, a possible for next year, and a good way to start things for this year... 

TTFN

Paul






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Willgoss MBE

Something a little bit political...

12% of a plan…